CreteDefender P2™ is a clear, water-borne chemical solution… a penetrating concrete sealer. The proprietary formulation of reactive silicates and surfactants (chemicals that break the surface tension and allow for deep penetration) is designed to react with the calcium and lime in concrete. This reaction forms a gel that fills the pores and micro-cracks inside the concrete. The reaction takes approximately 75 days to complete, though your concrete is protected after 24 hours.
As the gel hardens, it becomes a permanent part of the concrete matrix. The reaction penetrates about 1-2 cm (1 inch) deeper than water would penetrate the untreated concrete. This creates sufficient protection both to the concrete and the reinforcement. This reaction is irreversible and permanent. The results of this reaction provide the following benefits to concrete:
- Makes concrete impervious to salt (chloride) intrusion and the damage salt causes
- Immediately STOPS the reactions from salt and other chemicals that cause damage
- Eliminates dusting and flaking of properly finished concrete
- Eliminates freeze/thaw damage
- Corrects and stabilizes the pH of concrete
- Hardens and adds density to concrete
- Increases surface hardness by 45%
- Provides substantial chemical resistance
- Prevents efflorescence
- Increases slip resistance on both smooth, machine troweled concrete and broom finished concrete
- Makes concrete harder to scratch
- Makes concrete bond better to paint, epoxy, urethane, and other coatings
- Reduces Moisture Vapor Transmission (MVT) in concrete (a major cause of epoxy and urethane floor failure)
CreteDefender P2 works inside or outside, horizontally or vertically.
CreteDefender P2 is not a coating. It penetrates deep into the concrete and can’t wear off or wear out.
CreteDefender P2 is clear, and doesn’t change the color or sheen of the concrete. However, on machine troweled concrete, a sheen will likely develop over time as the concrete is polished by wear.
CreteDefender P2 can be applied by spraying, squeegeeing, or rolling. CreteDefender P2 is odorless, colorless, non-toxic, environmentally safe, and contains no VOC’s.